Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Restriction Policy Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wared13

wared13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi... a virus attacked my computer and the result is not being able to open certain programs. I receive a message saying "prevented due to software restriction policy" when opening vital programs (mostly security) like ESET, etc. Combo Fix in safe mode along with anti-malware, etc. programs failed to resolve. No software restrictions have ever been set before. Need to know what to look for in Local Security Settings? Or in the registry?
Standalone machine, no network, XP Pro SP3... please advise, thank you. This is a small business machine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

:exclame: Company Computers

Since this is a company computer, you may need to obtain permission to carry out the steps I give to you. We will be making system-wide changes to this computer which may be against your company's IT policy. Such action may result in disciplinary action being taken against you. I must stress that I, in no way, accept liability for this or for any unforeseen eventuality as a result of the instructions I give you (including, but not limited to, data loss).

In addition, if your company has an IT support infrastructure I urge you to contact them to resolve your issue - it's what they're paid to do; whereas I volunteer.

In order to continue to receive my help I would like you to confirm that you have the authority to work on the PC and that you accept my conditions.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users