Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paragon, Acronis and Revo take ages to launch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clairvaux

Clairvaux

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello,

I hope this is the appropriate place to post, since my problem is not very specific.

I recently bought Paragon Backup & Recovery 12 Home. It takes a full 20 seconds to launch. Paragon support told me that there might be a conflict with Acronis True Image (Western Digital Edition), which I also had installed. I uninstalled Acronis, to no avail.

However, I had the same problem with Acronis before : launching took an unusual amount of time. Same thing with Revo Uninstaller Pro : click on the link, nothing happens, wait, wait, wait, finally the opening window appears, and everything works fine from there.

At some point in the past, my Acronis launched normally. At another point in the past, I installed one of the paying versions of Acronis, which created so much havoc that I took it away. However, uninstalling proved nearly impossible, so I flashed my system partition with a previous image, which removed the problem (or so I thought). The Paragon support technician told me that Acronis often messes up the registry in an unrecoverable way.

I also have various hanging problems with Opera which I did not have before.

Any ideas where to look first ? I would really like to avoid reinstalling Windows (7, 64 bit).

Thanks a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

<<The Paragon support technician told me that Acronis often messes up the registry in an unrecoverable way.>>

FWIW: If the registry is "messed up"...reinstalling appears to me to be the only way of changing that. but take a look at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/2f7cfa7d-d32a-4e42-addc-39d54a15c59b .

Louis

#3 Clairvaux

Clairvaux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Thank you, Louis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users