Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Set Up QoS or IP Precedence

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DezoLord

DezoLord

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hello.

Ok here is the problem. At home we have 2 PCs and 2 laptops sharing the same internet connection through P-660HW-T1 v3 router. Usually when I am on the computer, my sister plays flash games on the laptop and my dad is watching YT videos. For some reason the connection speed on their laptops is grand but on my PC it is very slow. It's like their laptops are eating away all the connection and I only get the leftovers (around 10-20kb/sec). Is there any way that I can fix this? I want my PC to use most of the connection speed. I want to play online games properly, without lagging. Sometimes I get so angry that I just block their laptops from accessing the internet and then sit back and enjoy the sweet revenge.

This is what the QoS looks like inside the Admin Panel:

Spoiler

I really need help with this, I get extremely angry when the website that I want to look at, takes 2 mins to load up fully.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DezoLord, 28 December 2012 - 03:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

It may not be QOS issue Its likely the firewall settings on the router or computer What DSL package do you have (bandwidth)? Test your overall connection speed at Speedtest.net

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 DezoLord

DezoLord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

This is it:

Spoiler

I ran a small test a few months ago. I took a laptop and started downloading a game client. The speeds were up to 200kb/sec. Then I went on my PC and tried to download the same thing and I was only getting 10-20kb/sec max. So the laptop was taking the whole connection speed.

Edited by DezoLord, 29 December 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

IS that from your PC or the Laptop? Who is your ISP? Even if you only have a 5MB/S account your speed is Very slow. Either something isn't set correctly in the router or you have Bad phone lines. I would contact your ISP and let them know. Your DSL contract should have a guaranteed speed that your paying for, you don't appear to be getting it. The only clause is if its the wiring in the house you will have to replace the lines your self or pay them to do it. Can you run MiniToolBox on The PC hardwired to the Modem.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users