Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing a DVD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hello everyone, I watch DVD movies on my computer and it used to work and now it does not. I used VLC media player and DVD's played fine. Now when I put a DVD in it does not work. As far as the davd playing all i get is sound. no video. So I know it can at leaste read the dvd. When I press play DVD, it gives me a warning "the color scheme has been changed to windows 7 basic" the dvd still plays but all i get is a black screen. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and the problem still ocurrs. I don't know if this is in the right section but will apreciate any guidance to the resolution. If anyone has any ideas or would like more info, just let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

When you say "uninstall", what are you uninstalling? The driver or the optical drive?

Knowing the make and model may be of use.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I Uninstalled the software player VLC. Its an Emachines, not sure of the model though. I fear uninstalling the drivers or optical drive as i dont have any discs.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

This article by Microsoft Community may be of some help.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users