Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS server changes to static without permission


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jmateo

Jmateo

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for this great website. This will actually be my first post here. I am having issues with my DNS configurations, under the IPV4 properties. I originally had it set to receive the dns server automatically, and now it is constantly changing to receive dns server through a static IP. The static Ip address that keeps getting assigned is 216.146.36.240. I do have internet access, but I my outlook which is setup with a exchange email address is not connecting because of this issue. I noticed that my homepage did change once, but I dont know if it was because of a software that I downloaded or virus related. Honestly, I am not sure what is causing this.

Things that I have already tried:
Booted into safemode and ran rkill followed by malwarebytes and superantispyware.
I didnt know I wasn't supposed to run it on my own, but I ran Combofix (sorry)
I ran Microsoft Security Essentials
I ran from a command line ipconfig /flushdns, and rebooted.

Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 Jmateo

Jmateo
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

I thought it was dyndns.org that was the issue, and i just realized it wasn't.
There is a software called Sendori, I uninstalled it. And that seemed to be the problem.

Edited by Jmateo, 28 December 2012 - 03:24 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users