Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboards and BCU

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

One thing I have experienced is that certain Motherboard suppliers infest their users with BCU (Browser Configuration Utility), a parasitic implant that does absolutely nothing for the unfortunate user but hogs the memory and generates a huge number of events. It is also said to slow down the computer and dominate browsing freedom.

My Firewall logged over 10,000 BCU records in no time at all under "Processes Detected", a massive log of irrelevant events, all due to BCU activity.

My Motherboard is supplied by Gigabytes Technology but another Motherboard that infests the poor user with this BCU plague is Asus, there may be others.

I uninstalled BCU with Revo Uninstaller, getting rid of all the leeching remnants and life is now good, not a wisp of operational efficiency detected in being without this BCU parasite and my FW is no longer trying to burst it`s capacity (and my memory) keeping up with those thousands of insignificant and useless BCU event logs.

Please note that you cannot disable this beast using "msconfig", CCleaner or such means, it is infested with immortality whilst on your PC and keeps coming back. You have to use the ultimate deterrent and uninstall it through the Control Panel>Add/Remove or use a more thorough program like Revo Uninstaller that gets rid of all the left-over residue which normal uninstall programs always leave behind, usually in the Registry.

Conclusion :- If you have BCU contaminating your PC, then DUMP IT quick ! You will never miss it.

Edited by yabbadoo, 28 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users