Each hard drive (storage device) will be represented by one of sda, sdb, sdc, sdd, sde, sdf, sdg etc.
- Each of the partitions on sda will be represented by sda1, sda2, sda3 etc.
- Each of the partitions on sdb will be represented by sdb1, sdb2, sdb3 etc
... and so on.
Let me know if you are having any problems, and exactly what the problem is.
===============The easiest way to go about copying data
is to open two separate windows (using File Manager
- One window displays the folders/files that you intend to copy (the source).
- The second window displays the location that you intend to save the folders/files (the destination).
Arrange (drag) the windows so that they are both visible (wholly or partially) on-screen at the same time.
- Then, simply drag-and-drop folders/files from one window to the other.
Note: Multiple folders/files can be selected to be copied at the same time.
- Use the <Shift> to select multiple consecutive/adjacent items with the mouse.
- Use the <Ctrl> key to select multiple separate items with the mouse.
Edited by AustrAlien, 29 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.