Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Laptop will not Boot into Win7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 udratherbme

udratherbme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have an 2 year old HP Pavillion dv7-4165dx entertainment Lapton triple core AMD chip

A few days ago, I plugged the laptop to my Big screen to watch Hulu, well it took me a few mins to get the audio to respond correctly, BTW this was not my first time plugging to the Big Screen.
While watching the programs noticed there were a few freezes, unplugged the HDMI cord, screen never went back to single monitor mode, so I did a hard reset. Laptop took a little longer than normal to load into windows but it got there. Firefox was running a little buggy so I went to check the antivirus program, Trend Micro 2012 Titanium and the its not running nor can I open the console. Checked for a restore point, there was none left. Rebooted into safe mode check Trend Micro still has the same issue, still unable to restore. Finally, reboots once more and computer goes into start windows normally or start windows repair (recommended), starting normally and repair gets you to the same place the HP recovery manager that does not work, one takes a little longer than the other, I have tried all the options on the recovery manager panel none seem to work.

So during research I found that I could download Systemssweeper (now Windows defender) by MS and boot to CD Drive and scan for viruses. Accomplished few viruses found, cleaned rebooted, went back to HP recovery manager, same results nothing working.

Unmounted the HD, plugged to a working laptop, used local antivirus, no viruses. Removed all information needed i.e. photos, music, important files, etc.

Downloaded Malware Bytes, on the working laptop, scanned the HD, as an external, few malware programs found and cleaned. Downloaded Superantispyware, on the working laptop, scanned the HD, as an external, few tracking cookies found and cleaned.

Mounted HD back into laptop, tried to load into safe mode, laptop just black screened with a revolving wheel for 8 hours.

Last item I tried was EBCD, but that program did not give me anything better than booting into Safe mode w/ cmd prompt.

Also went into F8 menu to load Safe, Cmd Prompt, recovery… tried them all. I am not a programmer so I do not understand how to use Dos to access the information I need. I know basic commands.

I am @ a lost for what I should do next. I would prefer not to wipe/restart but if that is the last option I am not opposed to it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Using Hardware Diagnostic Tools when Windows does not open , scroll down to this and follow suggestions, please.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users