Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video choppy, long time to reboot or shutdown, video driver stops working, invisible programs do not close properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bizzysurfer007

bizzysurfer007

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I have experiencing problem with my Dell XPS 15z laptop. The video is choppy and sometimes display driver stops working. I am not even able to update windows and update fails during configuration. I did a dell PC diagnostics for any hardware issues but found none.

When I shutdown the PC I get an error programs need to be closed with an option of "Force ShutDown" but in the list of programs I don't see any programs. I have Kaspersky antivirus installed. Could it be a virus ?

Thanks
Chetan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Try uninstalling the video driver via Device Manager...then rebooting and reinstalling same.

<<I am not even able to update windows...>>

Exactly what are you doing...and what happens? Error messages? You access the Win Update website?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users