Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with a reformatted computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reashalynn

reashalynn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I do not know much about computers, but I am having some issues with mine. Okay, I just had my computer wiped because it had a nasty trojan and I wanted to start with a clean slate. I had it wiped clean and I had windows 7 reinstalled by a friend who had a disk (since I did not) and everything seemed fine. I do not know if he deleted the old partition or not. However, a day later Im having some issues. I just installed Norton and it has an active subscription but the action center is saying that there is no antivirus detected and also asks me to turn on windows firewall (which I cant for some reason, I click to turn it on and nothing happens.) Also when I got my computer back from my friend, I tried to uninstall Google Chrome and got a blue screen crash twice. Lastly, there are times when I'm browsing and the internet will stop responding saying it cannot connect to the "DNS server". Wth is going on?! Im so frustrated at this point. The virus that I had before was called something like Smitfraud C Trojan. It was in a svchost.exe file or something like that. Sorry I am bad with computers but hopefully someone will be able to help me identify this problem. Thanks in advance.

Reasha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Sounds to me like you need a conversation with your "friend", as a first step...if you now experience problems that you did not have before.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users