Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to disable the photo printing wizard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 naughtyeyes

naughtyeyes

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just wondering if there is any way to disable the photo printing wizard so that I can select my own options from the printer directly?

I found several topic is google that discuss editing the registry but they usually say that if you do that then the print button that previously called up the wizard would no longer work, which defeats the purpose as far as I am concerned.

I'm also not very comfortable editing the registry so if that is the only option I would really love a step by step guide as to what to do and how to undo if necessary.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 naughtyeyes

naughtyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Bump....

Is there no one out there that hates this thing as much as me?

It is impossible to print correctly with it's stupid re-centering of everything at its own whim!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I've never seen...the "photo printing wizard" so I really don't know what you are talking about. Using Google, I see now that it is an XP feature but I've never had occasion to use it or familiarize with it.

I elect all my print options for photos...from within a graphics editor, since I normally have edited the photo before I decide to print. All normal print options are available to me.

Google Results Re Disabling

Louis

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Just wondering if there is any way to disable the photo printing wizard so that I can select my own options from the printer directly?

to me thats what you are doing ,the printer uses the wizzard to give you the options/selections to pick,the printer has no other way to give you the options without using a wizzard

Edited by caperjac, 29 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 naughtyeyes

naughtyeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

This thing has reared its ugly head again.  It pops up every time I try to print something that has an image file type...no matter what program I am in.

It comes from windows, it has nothing to do with the printer, and it does it no matter which printer I use. 

You can see what it looks like on this page.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc351041(v=vs.85).aspx

It makes it impossible to print borderless because it is always trying to shrink the image to fit into the center of the page.

I have tried all of the options found via google search for editing the registry to remove it but none of them seem to work, or maybe I just don't know how to do it properly. If anyone could help that would be great!

#6 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'm Win XP Home and Epson SX400 printer and i've never heard of the printing wizard, so I don't know why it's muscled into your system and not mine?

#7 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

What happens if you select Print from the File menu?  I prefer selecting which printer to use and can manually make settings selections.     

Activating the Photo Printing Wizard is done from the Picture Tasks options.  Apparently that is how you are accessing the wizard?  Is the layout set to "Full page photo print" and NOT "full page fax print"?  You don't have to use this wizard...it just happens to be a component of My Pictures  in WinXP.  No need to mess with registry changes and the possibility of screwing up something else when you can take a different approach.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users