Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD/HDD not found in BIOS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun5152

Shaun5152

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

New system build with Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3(v1.1), AMD FX8350 4.0Ghz/8core, Vertex4SSD, Gigabyte GeForce GTX660 2GB video, 500wPSU, Win7 Home Premium/64.

System ran/loaded/updated fine for about 6 hours then crashed during game play.

BIOS/Windows unable to recognize SSD, unable to re-install Windows - get as far as "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation"

that is followed by:
"To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK"

I have burned CD\DVD's and USB flash drive files for a couple of days now looking for the "device driver", but I still hang up at the same screen.

I have switched SATA/power cables, reseated memory (crucial Ballistic 2x(2x4)DDR3 PC3-1(16GB total)/video card, installed a WD Caviar Black 1T HDD (not recognized), (re)Flashed the BIOS to F9 from the Gigabyte sight (system had the most current version/flash was successful - no problems with that)but....no luck!!

Tried a system recovery disc from another Win7 system - no drive/driver....

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'd run an appropriate diagnostic on the drive, as a first step.

Assuming all good with that...I'd check for a firmware update or BIOS update.

Louis

#3 Shaun5152

Shaun5152
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

No, unforetunately Gigabyte rep thinks it's a bad SATA contoller - not recognizing drive(s) - I will RMA for replacement! Anyone have any advice on how to get the cooler fan off the CPU without damage?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Why do you want to remove the fan?

Have you tried uninstalling the Storage Controllers in Device Manager, restart to have them automatically replaced?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users