Hi etdigger, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
Could you please tell me if you're running Windows Vista 32 or 64-bit?
If you cannot access safemode with the link above from hamluis, then please try these steps from normal mode.
Let's see if Rkill can stop the processes to subsequently remove the infection:
Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 1
Do not reboot the computer, or you will need to run the application again.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Download RogueKiller from here or here and save it to your desktop.
- Close all programs and disconnect any USB or external drives before running the tool.
- Right-click RogueKiller.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Once the Prescan has finished, click Scan.
- Once the Status box shows "Scan Finished", click Delete.
- When the Status box shows "Deleting Finished", click Report and then copy and paste the log in your next reply.
- The log can also be found at RKreport.txt on your desktop.
In your next reply, please include the following:
- The Rkill log
- The RogueKiller log
I am sort of confused by this post. When I start up my computer, regardless of the mode(safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, repair mode etc) the Internet crime virus blocks any use of the computer 100% once logged in. It takes up the entire screen an no amount of alt-tab, Carl alt del, windows key or anything else will allow use of the computer in any way. How do I run these applocations when I do not have access to anything on my computer? Is the boot disc my only option?
Also, I have a device that will allow me to connect my laptops hard drive to my pc via USB as a removable disk, can I use this to clean the drive with my pc, or do I run the risk of infecting my pc well? I am a little bit of a noob so please excuse me if any of these questions are noobish. Thanks for any help