Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Reboot Stalls

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diditforlulz

diditforlulz

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Greetings!
For the past month, every time windows update automatically reboots my computer to finish the updating process, the computer shuts down, fades to black, but then something curious happens. Instead of the BIOS coming up, the screen remains black, and every single fan in my system (GPU, CPU, and 3 other case fans) spin up to full speed and remain there, with the pc never rebooting. I thought this was a BIOS issue, so I updated my BIOS, but this did not fix the issue. All my drivers are updated, and there are no yellow exclamation marks beside any items in Device Manager. My system is running 64 Bit Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-lulz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

How do I reset Windows Update components
This troubleshooter: "Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update" may automatically fix your problem.

This M/soft Fix it troubleshooter fixes many different problems.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9767096

You can also click on the Let me fix it myself section of the program > > From Here

#3 diditforlulz

diditforlulz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I ran the Fixit and it corrected my issues with windows update, but now the same issue occurs whenever I hit the "Restart" option of the start menu of my pc. ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users