Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What did you get for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I got wireless desktop 3000 by microsoft (love it btw)
Roxio gamecapture which unfortently doesn't work because I either a am missing a cable for my xbox or b its fried as I tried and with my dvd player and got this result Posted Image
and I also got some stuff in my stocking so what did you get?

btw 100+ respect for anyone who can solve my problem with roxio game capture
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

What I got is much better than anything that could be wrapped and put under the tree. In fact, I got nothing because I specifically gave orders to everyone NOT to get me anything and they complied with that request.

1) My 5 year old grand-daughter was here for a few days. I found out last Thursday she would be at my house for Christmas. Two and half hours later she arrived. I spent the next day making sure Santa knew where she would be on Christmas Eve. (Santa also left a few things for her at her house). The excitement on her face, the joy she had on Christmas morning as she saw what Santa had left was worth more to me than any gift I could have received.

2) We spent Christmas day at my aunt's house with my cousins and the "strays" that had no family or place to go for Christmas. The food was great, being with family was even better. To me the holiday is not about "things" but about being with those you love and care about. This Christmas was especially more meaningful because my aunt has had health issues this year and at one point we almost lost her. Just being able to spend the day with her and my family was all I wanted/needed.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Roxio gamecapture which unfortently doesn't work because I either a am missing a cable for my xbox or b its fried as I tried and with my dvd player

From: http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/releases/2011/new_roxio_game_capture_products_from_rovi_let_you_share_your_agame.html

Roxio Game Capture enables the real-time capture of game play videos from Xbox® 360 and PS3® consoles. Users may play games in full HD on the TV, while recording the content to the PC. The quick-to-set up USB hardware capture device includes component video and stereo audio inputs, and ships with a component, RCA audio, and USB cables*. Users can record game play in 480p and output to AVI, WMV, DivX, and MP4. Still image screen shots can be saved as JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP or GIF file types.

Bold is Mine. Note the * at the end of the bold text in the above quote box.

Now here's what they say all the way at the bottom in the text from the link above.

*Roxio Game Capture does not include component cables, which are required for console game capture

Again, bold is mine.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

@Animal I know that but I'm worried that the image of my dvd player hooked up to the roxio game capture may be a warning that its fried but I could hear the audio from the dvd player fine.
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

You're assuming it's fried when you have already stated you're not sure it's cabled for input properly. Make sure you have all the right inputs before assuming the output you show is due to it being 'fried'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Like Queen Evie,It's the intanglebiles(sp?) that mean the most to me....
Like bein able to make from scratch cookies with my daughter and watching the excitment on her face,

The Love that fill's our home..., it's getting a text from my middle brother tellin me that he loves me and wishing me a Merry Christmas( for many years he was a drunk...he's been clean and sober for about 3 years now!!)

It's watchin the excitment on my daughter's face Christmas mornin openin her present's, it's the further excitment on her face thinkin that she had tricked me by putting the CD that she got for me in a very big box and makin me work for it..LOL..I had pretty much figured out thats what she had done....LOL

I didn't think we had that much tape in the house..LOL LOL

It's knowing that my Friend got to have her grandbaby with her for Christmas,
and altho my son and his family couldn't make the trip to our house right now because of the lousey weather, it's knowin that they will be safe at home and be here in January..and the childlike sound of my

son's voice as he asked..." sooo mom what did you get me ???" like that had a snowballs change of flyin..LOL

it's the anticpation of the looks on my grandbabies faces when they finally do get to come and open their presents.......

These are the precious gifts that i got, worth far more to me then a wrapped gift under the tree,

It's the steaks that my hubby didn't get thawed on time for Christmas dinner, so Christmas dinner was soup and tuna sandwiches...these are the things that memories are made of!!..LOL

MissPlaced

P.S.... It's also hearing the sound of relief in my sons voice when I told him that he slipped a bullet.....that altho we thought about it and it was only $20 buck's, we didn't get the grandbabies that set of drum's and the fun that the hubby and i had LOL about him sayin....I'ma gwanna hurt them old people, I'ma gwanna hurt em bad....LOL LOL

Edited by MissPlaced, 26 December 2012 - 08:23 PM.

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

P.S.... It's also hearing the sound of relief in my sons voice when I told him that he slipped a bullet.....that altho we thought about it and it was only $20 buck's, we didn't get the grandbabies that set of drum's and the fun that the hubby and i had LOL about him sayin....I'ma gwanna hurt them old people, I'ma gwanna hurt em bad....LOL LOL

"Slipped a bullet" Say what?!?!?!?!

As for me, I got quite a few hugs, a bouquet of flowers, and a pear for X-mas. No partridge though :P .

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

@ OB,

Slipped A Bullet, is a slang term for you were missed by something either annoying,or hurtful that was comming you're way, but didn't make it to you.....

In this case the sound of my grandbabies pounding on those drum's would have been very annoying to my son....LOL

I wasn't gonna be heartless about this tho, if we had decided to get the grandbabies those drum's i was also gonna include a BIG bottle of Tylenol for the headache that was sure to ensue...LOL

My son's exact words to me where.." you didn't...long pause....the sound of relief in his voice when i said that his father and I didn't get those drum's..."Thanks mom!!, you're a good mom"..LOL

Because my son knows that i can and will apply the rules of the "Mothers Curse" at any time.... :hysterical:

I hope this clears up your shock and surprise at my term???

MissPlaced

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#9 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

@Animal I got the cords and here are the results

and

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

:thumbup2:

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I got a mouse pad..whatever that is...with pic of grandkids on it. Rather useless until I get the instructions on how to use.

MissPlaced...It's "dodged a bullet"....that's the term I and most red blooded patriots would use. :whistle:
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#12 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

@buddy215,
Well i see your headed for Santa's "Naughty List" already.... :P

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE Kids Say The Darndest Things:

Naughty is in the thighs of the beholder
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#14 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

What did you get for Christmas? Not much but never wanted much. I did get a bottle of Brandy from my wife and lots of loving licks and drool from my Rottie which was greatly appreciated. The days of Christmas gifts are over for us, not through money, we can buy what we want at any time of the year, we just do not need presents any more.

In any case, Christmas in my area has depreciated to a few twinkling lights on about 10-15% of houses, which are turned off at around 23.00 when their owners go to bed, even on Christmas Day. The TV was atrocious with 50 or even 80 year old films and streams of repeats. From 08.00 to 00.00 and beyond it was a disaster. There was a total absence of parties or any Christmas activity. I guess that Christmas is yet another British tradition that we have unfortunately lost.

So like Dickens`s Scrooge immortally said - HUMBUG to Christmas !

But I sincerely wish every one of you a Very Happy New Year.
Posted Image

#15 Grid

Grid

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I got Assassin's Creed 3 for the Xbox, Some shirts, imported chocolate, and a box 'o cash. Enjoying them all quite alot ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users