Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video after hard reboot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moore76sc

Moore76sc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

I built my current computer about four months ago. The computer before that built also used an Asus board. On the computer the case reset button would do a normal reset and shut down windows first. With this new computer the reset button would always do a hard reset but I never thought anything of it as I usually never used it. However, I ran into an issue with it a few days ago. My wife was using the computer and decided to hit the small reset button some how thinking it was the power button instead of the big one next to it. This did a hard reset and the computer started to reboot. My wife noticed she hit the wrong button and then pressed and held the power button and did a hard shutdown. Since this when I boot up the computer I get no video. I have tried a BIOS reset, using on board video, cleaned everything, disconnected all unnecessary parts, changed out the PSU. I also tested my monitor on my MacBook Pro and it works fine. I am at a lost on what else to try.

Asus P8Z77-V
Intel ivy bridge i5
Gigabyte GTX 560
PSU- Corsair TX650
16Gb corsair 1600 MHz 2x8GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users