Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer won't start up/stuck on blue screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lorettaar

Lorettaar

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hello,

I can not get my computer to start up. I have gone through the recovery start up, pressing F8 to get to the screen, after pressing system recovery, it just takes me to a blue screen and then back to the page that tells you windows failed to start up normally. I have tried safe mode, the same thing happens and then I tried last known good configuration. That led me back to a blue screen with nothing happening except the lights on the front of the computer blinking white several times, then orange back and forth. At one point it did go to a black screen with the lights on the front blinking, but it did that forever and nothing happened. Hope someone can help me. Thanks,

Loretta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Please post the computer model next time. Try checking the built-in diagnostic test for the hardware components such as hard drive and RAM.

Tekken

#3 Lorettaar

Lorettaar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hello,

Sorry about that the computer model is a Dell Inspiron Windows 7. There is a Hard Drive Error. The Pst Short Test Failed. Error Code 0146. It says Hard Drive 0 and then 2000-0146. It is still running the reamining memory test, but I am guessing the hard drive error is the problem. Thanks.

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hello Lorettaar,

If the computer is under warranty, contact the manufacturer or place of purchase.

It says Hard Drive 0 and then 2000-0146

The hard drive in all probability failed SMART testing.

Here is a link to Dell's PSA Diagnostic Chart Error Codes List.
  • Arrow down to PSA+ 2000-0146, then click the Link to Fix.
  • Generally, they say to:
    • Reset the System Setup (BIOS) to its Default Settings.
    • Re-run the Dell Diagnostics -> Custom -> Hard Drive.
  • If the Drive fails again, it will have to be replaced.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users