Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card freezing at windows screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coolkat27

coolkat27

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Today I got a Nvidia Gtx 560 ti, and i installed it and while i was trying to start it up, the computer gets stuck on the windows loading screen. I heard that i have to go into the bios to fix it but i have not seen any of the options to use on my bios to make it work. I also went to device manager and disabled my current graphic chip that is on with my cpu. My computer is an Asus essentio model cg5275 and nothing seems to be working. Does any one seem to have a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coolkat27

coolkat27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Sorry, forgot to add that i have gone into the bios and looked for the graphics options and cant find any.

Edited by coolkat27, 25 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

There should be a BIOS setting...that allows you to disable the onboard video. This will prevent the onboard from even appearing in Device Manager and indicating a need for drivers.

That may be needed to actuate an installed card.

Also...rather than disable the video via Device Manager...it's probably best to uninstall the device from Device Manager, thereby removing the drivers.

Louis

#4 coolkat27

coolkat27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I deleted the intel HD graphics, but when i log back into windows it automatically reinstalls it.After messing with it for three days i think i have a defective card so thanks for the help though.

#5 Agent24

Agent24

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

What card were you using before? Did you also upgrade your power supply? What make/model power supply are you currently using?

#6 coolkat27

coolkat27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I upgraded it with a 700 watt Cougar sx, And i was using the onboard graphics chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users