Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Drag and Drop Using Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 technickel

technickel

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm trying to load some instructional Spanish language CDs into my PC, to transfer to my Samsung Galaxy S II. However, when I select the tracks in Microsoft Media Player to drag to the right of the interface, the tracks won't "drop".
I've somehow managed to load some French CDs into my phone, yet I cannot remember the methodology.
What could I be doing wrong?
I want to use these CDs because I'm accustomed to them, as well as the accompanying book.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Are the contents from the cd, audios or videos? Usually burning the audio content would save them to a user specified location and then copy from the saved folder going to the smartphone storage.

Tekken

#3 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

These are audio CDs of the Spanish language. So you mean that my PC will, by default, save these tracks to a file from where I can drag and drop into WMP? I would like to do that now, but I don't have a disk to burn at the moment. I'm unfamiliar with the prompts one recieves when attempting to burn a disk in WMP so not exactly sure how I would do this.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I have not used WMP for years to create playlists, but to create a playlists, it should be readily saved from the computer's hard drive. If they are being load from a cd and a cd drive, you just need to access or open them by WMP file menu or Windows explorer CD drive - right-click/open with WMP or default media player. They cannot be included in playlist if the source would be from a CD. I usually use Winamp to create playlist but files should be from your hard drive. To burn the contents of your Spanish CD language, Open WMP while the cd is in optical drive then look for the RIP button. Check the save location or change to your preferred folder. Hook up your Samsung phone by a USB then copy the saved contents of your CD from the saved folder.

Tekken

#5 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Could these CDs be copy protected? I'm still baffled as to why I can't do this. Maybe I'll try creating a playlist from the FRENCH CDs, the ones that DID allow me to copy from my PC to my phone.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

You need to RIP the contents of the CD. This can be done offline in WMP as oppose to the suggestion to this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-xp/help/windows-media-player/11/rip-a-cd the saved contents would be by default, the user profiles - My Music folder.

Tekken

#7 technickel

technickel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Although I still can't drag and drop, I did determine that I could insert the CD, rt. click on "unknown album", and select "rip CD". Once the CD was
ripped, piece a' cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users