Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win xp spk3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djc950

djc950

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

hi there , is anyone having problem lately xp spk.3 ? it start 3 month ago , i notice my laptop start very slow on app. it take 10 min. before app showup on screen.when i start the laptop it bootup until onlogo ( window xp)and then the signup (password) after that blue screen for 10 min. before the app. showup on the display. any help. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hello and Welcome -
There is no problems with XP SP3 that I know of (I installed it a few years ago). Your problem is most likely the Blue Screen item.
This usually means that Drivers or devices need updating -

FIRST -
Go - Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager - Now look for any items with Red or Yellow ( ! or ? ) beside them. Report back.

NEXT -
Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file) to your Desktop
  • Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the Extracted Folder
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
This can sometimes help us see if there are any problems causing your Blue Screen problems.

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

#4 djc950

djc950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

thanks for a quick response . i found out what the problem , my harddrive getting slow ,i think something wrong. thank u very much for help.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

:thumbup2: , thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users