Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create a Desktop Icon for Email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

To create a desktop icon for your Email is easy, just follow the route below.

Right click any free space on desktop.
Select "New", side panel comes up.
Click "Shortcut". "Create Shortcut" wizard comes up.
Select "Browse", click "Desktop", click "OK", click "Next".
Type in name for shortcut e.g Yahoo or Gmail etc., click "Finish".
An icon is now on your desktop.
Right click icon, panel comes up.
Click "Properties", panel comes up, select "Shortcut".
Delete the blued path in "Target".
I am going to give the data for Firefox and Yahoo, but for IE and Chrome use the paths given below. Also that for Gmail. For any other mail, adjust the destination shown for that mail.
Enter : "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" www.mail.yahoo.com
in "Target", click "Apply" then "OK".
All finished. You now have a mail icon on your desktop. Just click it and the web mail page will open.
For IE, path = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"www.mail.yahoo.com
For Chrome, path = "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"www.mail.yahoo.com
Gmail = www.googlemail.com
To create an icon for Sandboxie opening, you have to repeat this basic procedure using the Sandboxie Control Panel.
Click "Configure", then "Windows Shell Integration", click "Add Shortcut Icons" and follow the instructions from there, they are similar to the above. When you finally have a desktop icon created from Sandboxie, if you right click it, a panel comes up, click "Run Sandboxed" and your web mail page will open sandboxed.

I do hope I have not dropped a catch. If so, hopefully you will soon see the fault, but if not, please get back to me.
As far as I know, it is all correct.

Please note that this rather extended descriptive procedure I have given, only amounts to around 2 minutes work - it is very quick and easy.

PS - To change the icon, just right click the one you have and select "Properties". Click "Change Icon". A panel with a large selection of icons appears, just select the one you like and click the "OK`s". If the icon selection is absent or restricted, click "Browse" and scroll alphabetically to the "S" section. Click "shell32.dll" and you will get the large selection.

Image added - 26 Dec.12 :-
Posted Image

Edited by yabbadoo, 26 December 2012 - 02:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jelerak

Jelerak

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the information. Will make things a little easier:)

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the information. Will make things a little easier:)

Dennis :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users