Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Goes Crazy And Computer Freezes.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Woodall

Seth Woodall

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

I have two monitors running and lately they will freeze, then my computer restarts. I have sent my CPU to my Dads for him to take a look at. It has not frozen at his place. He was only running a single monitor though. Would this matter? Could my video card be biting the proverbial bucket? This is what the monitor looks like when it happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

I'm afraid that's a graphic problem. Check that the fan is ok on your graphic card, it might just be overheating, and then try removing it and plug the monitor to the on board graphics at the motherboard, and re-boot.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Monitors have magnets. They can be distorted by interference. Move your monitors apart.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

It may be as simple as your display setting are set too high. Have you adjusted them lately?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

What kind of graphics card do you have - how much RAM and what do you use to control it? (i.e. Gainward EXPERtool or ?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users