Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone4 Wi-Fi Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gbull

gbull

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I recently obtained an iPhone4 from my grandson, him having obtained the iPhone5. I have configured exactly as my iPod Touch and iPad, both work exceptionally well with my XyZel AMG1202 router.

I have tried other variations of the settings but to no avail. I have reset the router and all is well with the Apple devices, apart from the iPhone. My wired PC and laptop Wi-Fi work well too and so I am left wondering if there is some tweak or special configuration requirement for the iPhone that is different to the iPod Touch and iPad.

When the iPhone works, it works well but this is only very intermittently.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Have you updated the iOS version on the device? If not, please do so and see if that helps with your wifi connectivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users