Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 drlawsoniii

drlawsoniii

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hello all,

My name is Rob, I'm working on my girlfriend's Dell. I know I know, Dell sucks but I had no choice in the matter. Her computer blue screens on me pretty often. She is running an I5 processor, windows 7 home premium 64bit, and 8gb of ram. The blue screen says: A clock Interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

Stop: 0x00000101

This happens at least once a week

Any help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

See http://superuser.com/questions/432362/how-can-i-resolve-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-w .

Louis

#3 drlawsoniii

drlawsoniii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

this computer is at factory specs, it has not been overclocked

#4 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hello drlawsoniii,

Have a quick look here: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)

If we could gather a little more information about the problem computer, it might prove helpful in pointing toward a solution.

Please follow this link: BSOD Posting Instructions Windows 8 - Windows 7 - Vista.
  • Follow all instructions with the exception of:
    • Creating a new thread HERE and attach the file(s) after step 4
  • Note: Both files of Step 1 need to be in the Documents folder.
Upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.
In addition:

To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#5 drlawsoniii

drlawsoniii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

here's the link to the files https://www.box.com/s/ebrizbyg2d7zyosvl9nx i'll post another reply with the next step you said to do.

#6 drlawsoniii

drlawsoniii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nk6Kkvq2T4K3fQU13SKEvda

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the gathering the information. The folder contained one minidump file dated 12/23/2012. The file is corrupt so it didn't yield much information.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Brooks\Downloads\drlawsoniii\Rob bsod\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2\122312-28984-01.dmp

Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64

Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333

System Uptime: 1 days 12:15:25.732

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

BugCheck 101, {31, 0, fffff88002f64180, 2}
BugCheck Info: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000031, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff88002f64180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, 0.
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_4_PROC

1. ) Please navigate to the the Windows folder and see if there is a Memory.dmp file. If it exists, it will be fairly large in size. I would like to examine this file.
  • C:\Windows\ <== this folder.
  • Find the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file
  • Right mouse click on the memory.dmp file -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • A Compressed (zipped) folder will appear in the C:\Windows directory.
  • Note: If you receive an access denied message or have trouble zipping the ".dmp" file, create a new folder on your Desktop (suggestion: Memdump), then copy and paste the memory.dmp file into that Desktop folder, then compress the folder.
Please Upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing as you did with the previous file.

2. ) System Events
Log Name: System
  Source: Service Control Manager
  Date: 2012-12-28T18:30:05.136
  Event ID: 7006
  Task: N/A
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Megan-PC
  Description: 
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error: 
Access is denied.

This is a frequently occurring error in your System Events log and is related to AVG Anti-virus's self protection module.
My recommendation is to uninstall AVG and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials, at least until the BSODs are eliminated.

3. ) Device without drivers:

Problem Devices: Not Available ACPI\SMO8800\1 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Some cursory Googling indicates that it might be: ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor (protects the hard drive if the notebook is dropped).
My suggestion is to go to the Dell website, support and drivers, and enter the service tag number for the computer. See if there is a driver available similar to above.

Also see if there is a BIOS update for your system.

4. ) This step is purely optional, has nothing to do with the blue screen errros, but may improve general computer performance, especially when online. You have multiple toolbars installed.
  • Unless you are particularly attached to any of the following (and you may be and that's fine), my suggestion is to uninstall:
    • Google Toolbar
    • Ask Toolbar
    • Yahoo Toolbar
    • Shop at Home Toolbar
    • Norton Security Scan.
  • They can be unistalled via Control Panel -> (View by: large icons) -> Programs and Features.

Regards,
Brooks

#8 drlawsoniii

drlawsoniii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

here is that dmp file, i have installed that driver and removed avg and installed microsoft security essentials. Also i have removed some of those search bars.

https://www.box.com/s/zyscxxsn3stlcdhg4yzc

#9 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

drlawsoniii,

Thank you for uploading the Memory.dmp file. The dump was from 12/23/2012. Unfortunately, it too was corrupted so yields no additional information.

Can I assume you have not experienced a blue screen crash since 12/23/12?

As per the reference that I posted earlier:
"Your real aim is to give yourself the best possible chance of discovering a software cause for the target processor to go unresponsive, and thereby avoid the most obvious conclusion - that the processor is periodically unresponsive because of hardware-level defects" H2SO4

Let's try running Driver Verifier. It may trip up a misbehaving driver.

"Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior." reference

1. ) Important: Create a system restore point before beginning.
  • Should a BSOD prevent you from booting into normal windows, enter Safe Mode, and restore the computer using this newly created restore point.
2. ) Enable Driver Verifier by following this procedure: Driver Verifier.
  • After a reboot, use the computer as you normally would. Expect BSODs to occur.
  • Zip any minidump files and attach them to your next post.
3. ) If no BSODs occur with normal computer use in at least 24 - 36 hours, please disable Driver Verifier.
  • To turn Driver Verifier off, type: verifier /reset at the Admin. command prompt, then re-boot the computer.
  • It may also be turned off by running verifier.exe, selecting Delete existing settings, and then restarting the computer.

Please zip (compress) and post any further minidump or memory.dmp files that are produced from future BSODs.
  • Minidump files will be located here: C:\Windows\Minidump <=== this folder
  • Memory dump file will be located here: C:\Windows <=== this folder

Refrain from running any file cleaning software (CCleaner, etc.) as they by default, typically delete minidump files.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users