Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP computer does not boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Epsilon59

Epsilon59

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

My computer right now will not boot up. Specifically, it will reach the part where the flag begins to form on the loading screen and just as the red and green dots touch, the computer will restart and begin the process again. I cannot boot in any safe mode.

I have the option to access the recovery console which I did. In I have tried startup repair and it told me it was unable to automatically fix my problem. It specified error 0x3712 and indicated that a driver or hardware change could cause this problem. The error is startup repair is offline. Next, I ran chkdsk /r on that partition and it reported no errors. Then, I tried to run sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows but it returns "Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation.".

I am running Win 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 Bit.

Please help as I am unsure what to do now. I can supply more information if needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sophia77

Sophia77

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

STEP 1: Clean computer inside of dust
STEP 2: Take out memory modules and clean contacts and reseat them - try again - if not working go to step3
STEP 3: Take out the video card ( if does have one ) and try on board ( if does have one ) - if not working go to step 4
STEP 4: Take out ANY other addon cards like modem, tv tunner etc and try again
STEP5: Can also disconnect PS plug ( 24 pins ) from mainboard and try shorting GREEN with any BLACK using a paper clip or a wire - PSU should turn ON - this will pretty much tell you if the PSU is OK
STEP 6: You can disconnect Front pannel connector on mainboard and try shorting the pins for the power button - this will tell you the power button is causing the fault or not.
Other than this if it's still not going than you might have a faulty mainboard
Cheers and good luck

Edited by Sophia77, 25 December 2012 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users