Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Groucho10

Groucho10

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi,
I have a five year old Sony Vaio laptop VGN fe28h. For a week or so I have been having problems when using the keyboard. At times it would create random letters/numbers when I typed. The Cap lock might come on for no reason. then numbers would randomly scroll. Then the problem would stop for a while. I did a virus check with AVG - all clear. I checked with for malware and used superantispyware - all clear. Now the situation is even worse. When I turn on I get a continuos beeping alarm and I can't get past the first Vaio black screen.

I had used Wisecare365 registry cleaner and Registry Fix in the past few weeks and realize now these programmes can do more harm than good. Could they have done this damage? The only other thing I did was uninstall Norton and installed AVG in its place some months ago.

I am not very computer literate so any advice would be appreciated. Is the computer just at the end of its lifespan? I had tried just before I got the black screen to go into System and System Restore but I didn't manage to get very far,

Thanks

Edited by boopme, 28 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Groucho10

Groucho10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

A friend of mine discovered that it is the keyboard itself that is the problem. He got past the black screen by holding down various keys. He then plugged in in an external keyboard. This helped initially, but the problems are still reoccurring. I rememeber now that I used an anti static cleaner on the keys a while ago. Stupidly, I sprayed directly onto the keys instead of onto a cloth first. This must have caused a short circuit of some kind.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hello,what is your Operating System?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Groucho10

Groucho10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi
Its Windows XP

Edited by Groucho10, 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users