Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winmqx32.dll Help !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 canadiansmitty

canadiansmitty

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hello, Please bare with me as I am new to this asking for help stuff.

I have Norton Anti-virus on my computer & every once in a while (sometimes many minutes in a row) I get a pop-up from Norton telling me it found a virus & could not do anything with it. It says the infected file is "winmqx32.dll" I have tried searching ALL over for info on it with NO luck, tried the Symantec website with NO luck, tried searching here with no luck.
I am hoping someone might have some info to share, if I can delete it (I tried with no luck)
I have been waiting for it to pop-up again so I can share more info... but of course... it isn't.
It does say something like Download.Zolb Trojan.

I had also had a big fight with SpywareQuake which it seems I finally won with the help of people from this page.

Thanks for any help & if I get any more info I will let you know.
Canadiansmitty

Just got this....
Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Download.Trojan
File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmqx32.dll
Computer: Steve
User: Steve
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Sun Mar 26 14:31:27 2006

Edited by canadiansmitty, 26 March 2006 - 02:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hi canadiansmitty!

This file is part of mediatickets spyware - the file is a random one with constants:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\win***32.dll

This file is notoriously hard to remove, and a special method must be used to do so. I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

I've moved your HJT log into the HJT forums.

You can find it here.

Please be patient and wait for a response from a member of the HJT Team.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users