Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BLUE SCREEN AFTER DISC ERROR MESSAGES

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faye raye

faye raye

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello. Yesterday, my brother was using the PC, downloading a large file with a program called Internet Download Manager, and at the same time he put in an already-burned VCD disk. He said a little window with a red X came up and sian something about Access Denied, he took it out tried again and thsame, then a Blue Screen appeared, which I didn't get a chance to see. It seems to be mostly all right, but it thinks several random old programs are newly installed, the Firefox history is all weird, it doesn't list things in order, and Firefox itself keeps giving me that screen with a picture of a crossing guard saying that sites like Google don't have valid secure connections or something and that "someone may be impersonating this site".

I don't know why that happened with the disk, all I can think of is that: 1. That Internet Download Manager was something he had just installed yesterday (though it seemed to be downloading all right for some minutes before this happened) and 2. We have slow dial-up and sometimes my PC in general just gets clunky while stuff is downloading.

Edited by hamluis, 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 faye raye

faye raye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

UPDATE: the Firefox history seems to be working normally (though it still thinks certain pages are dated from 2004) , and the random old programs are no longer listed as new.

#3 faye raye

faye raye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

It's been three days and I would really appreciate some help.

#4 faye raye

faye raye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

It's been three days and I would really appreciate some help, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users