Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Track Santa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hi,
Don't forget to track Santa again this year Posted Image
Here: http://www.noradsanta.org/en/track.html

Background:
http://www.noradsanta.org/en/why.html

"For more than 50 years, NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD) have tracked Santa's flight. The tradition began in 1955 after a Colorado Springs-based Sears Roebuck & Co. advertisement misprinted the telephone number for children to call Santa. Instead of reaching Santa, the phone number put kids through to the CONAD Commander-in-Chief's operations "hotline." The Director of Operations at the time, Colonel Harry Shoup, had his staff check the radar for indications of Santa making his way south from the North Pole. Children who called were given updates on his location, and a tradition was born."

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 December 2012 - 10:15 AM.
to include link to the quoted portion in order to attribute the souce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thank you for the reminder. The 5 year old grand-daughter is at my house for Christmas.

Later today we will let her start tracking Santa's progress.

When I was a child tracking was shown on tv.

#3 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

@ 1002 Richard S

Thank you for the reminder, I'll be checkin!!

When I was a child we used to sit and listen to the local radio station for the "Santa" updates..LOL it was great!!

@ Queen Evie,

Thats so wonderful!!There is no more precious a gift, than that of a child....Just to see the wonder on their lil faces!!

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I am sure the little uns will enjoy this... I do :)
Christmas - Ornaments
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Boopme, that was cute.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I watch it every year :lmao:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'll make sure I watch it in the future.

Ok, so this year Google came out with a Santa Tracker. Right now it shows that he is on his way to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia at this time.

NORAD's Santa Tracker puts Santa in Caribbean right now, about to arrive in San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago.

Personally I think NORAD is more accurate-THEY have been tracking a lot longer than Google and have the latest equipment needed to tell us exactly where Santa is.

Now if we could get the 5 year old to go to sleep so Santa will stop at my house I would be a very happy Nana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users