Hello lgadvent, and welcome to Bleeping Computer
Error code 0x800f0900 maps to CBS_E_XML_PARSER_FAILURE.
What this means in reality is that an XML file somewhere is corrupt. It is usually a .mum or .manifest file, and they are *usually* quite easy to track down and repair. I just need to take a couple of logs, and perform the replacement. So let's get started
•Please download the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft ->here
<-. Save the tool to a convenient location as it may be necessary to run it again.
•After the download has completed, double-click the file and wait while it initializes.
•Click Yes to begin installation.
Then, once it has finished (please be patient, it may take 45mins - 1hour to run)Export CBS folder
- Click the Start button then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
Finally, please upload the newly created CBS.zip file here, and I will take a look and advise you further.
Edited by niemiro, 25 December 2012 - 01:10 PM.