Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 update error 800f0900

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lgadvent

lgadvent

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi, Windows Update gives me the error 800f0900 every time I try to update it. I have tried the Microsoft Fix it tool but it didnt solve my problem, I think my PC must be missing some important files or something is corrupted. Please can you help me fix this, thanks in advance. The PC is a store bought advent CBE1401 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit pre installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

The PC is a store bought advent CBE1401 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit pre installed.

Hello -
Have you installed any Windows Updates since you got the computer ?? Do you have Windows7 SP1 installed yet ??
Do you know the last time you installed updates ??

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions

Thank You -

#3 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hello lgadvent, and welcome to Bleeping Computer :)

Error code 0x800f0900 maps to CBS_E_XML_PARSER_FAILURE.

What this means in reality is that an XML file somewhere is corrupt. It is usually a .mum or .manifest file, and they are *usually* quite easy to track down and repair. I just need to take a couple of logs, and perform the replacement. So let's get started :)

First,

•Please download the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft ->here<-. Save the tool to a convenient location as it may be necessary to run it again.
•After the download has completed, double-click the file and wait while it initializes.
•Click Yes to begin installation.

Then, once it has finished (please be patient, it may take 45mins - 1hour to run)

Export CBS folder

• Click the Start button Posted Image then click Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
  • Find and double click on the Logs folder.
  • Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
  • Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
  • Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

Finally, please upload the newly created CBS.zip file here, and I will take a look and advise you further.

Happy holidays!

Richard

Edited by niemiro, 25 December 2012 - 01:10 PM.

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users