Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Professional

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harkcomp

harkcomp

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I acquired a used Dell computer which I discovered is a much newer system than my older system.

After setting it up I found that the computer already has Windows XP Professional in the system. However, I also discovered that this computer has no sound applications working in it.

My brother looked at it and discovered that the sound card is an integral part of the mother board and after working on it for several hours determined that possibly the drivers for the sound were never downloaded for some reason. He said possibly this was a computer that originally belonged to a commercial company and possibly the company did not download the drivers for sound because they did not want its employees sitting at their desks listening to music all day long.

Is there a way for me to determine if this is the case? And if so how do I find the drivers for sound for my system.
There were no CD's or owners manual that came with the computer.

Thanks,

Harkcomp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

What model Dell system?

Drivers are available for specific models...at the Dell website.

http://www.dell.com/ , then type in the model in the Search window.

Windows may have it. Start/Run...type msinfo32 and hit Enter. Look at the data for System Manufacturer and System Model in the right screen.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users