Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jimzhr

Jimzhr

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Helping a friend with a HP Pavilion G 6 laptop. Wireless is turned on and off with the F12 button which displays a red light when off and a white light when on. Wireless should toggle on and off by touching this button. It does not. With or without use of the FN key at the bottom of the keyboard. NOTHING we do can get this button to light "white" and allow available wifi connections to display. Reboot....does nothing. Tried air to blow out any dust around the key......nothing. Other FN key functions are working.

Any ideas? Tried the onscreen keyboard for F12....no good. HELP!

Thanks,

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Perhaps the key is broken. Either a replacement keyboard is needed at this point. A video for replacing one on youtube might help.

Tekken

#3 Jimzhr

Jimzhr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the video! If the key is broken or the keyboard is bad wouldn't the onscreen keyboard have worked?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Before you start fiddling with the keyboard try this

Installing and Using HP Wireless Assistant

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Tried the onscreen keyboard for F12....no good

Do you see a function keys F1 to F12? I have an HP G6 but the onscreen doesn't include the function keys. I think Queen have a great suggestion above, please try that first.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users