Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about theme

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I noticed a while ago that the forum theme was changed to a slightly different theme. However, if you click on another area of the site (like Tutorials), that theme is the older style. I searched around to see if anyone had brought this up, but it doesn't seem like anyone has.
Is this intended behavior? If so, I think it's kind of strange that the styling completely changes when the user changes to another section of the website that isn't part of the forum.
Although, I can completely understand if it's just too much work to change all the other sections of the site.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi Lee.

The theme of the boards changed when we upgraded the board software (not our choice). We haven't yet gotten around to unifying the rest of the site with the new theme. As we're actually planning for another upgrade in the relatively near future, it's unlikely we'll be doing so prior to the new upgrade. It is an eventual goal to unify all parts of the site with a common theme.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Styling will be consistent throughout the site in the future. Will work out the details after upgrading the forums.

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

I dont see a need to update something that IS WORKING FINE!!!!!!

However,

May i please ask you to please keep THIS CURRENT THEME as an option when you goto the new IPB?? (The new one is horrible and doesnt look anywhere near as good)

The things i like about this theme is The nice colours when quoting people and the nice colors thruout the site (The different colours that are used when using QUOTE (And multiple colours if more than i person is quoted))

See the nice colours?

Here is a different one

And yet a different one

I dont wanna lose the prettiness of this IPB version and if you keep THIS THEME,i should be able to keep it :)

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

While you say it works fine. What you don't see is the need to upgrade for support from IPS and security matters. Sure it works fine for you on the front side. But believe me there is a lot of work you don't see. It's not always just about looks, bells and whistles. It's also for the sake of the general membership and keeping them safe and secure. This is the major reason for the necessity to upgrade when IPS releases new versions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users