Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI MoneyPak Virus latest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Humbleguy

Humbleguy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

So I have gone through all the posts I have seen regarding fixing this virus but all of them describe how to do it assuming the user is able to get into Windows via safe mode. I am unable to get into Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking or Safe Mode with command Prompt. I have also tried to unplug my router/modem to completely kill my connection and the virus still appears.

Additionally, I dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows XP. Both OS are installed on separate drives. The virus is on Windows 7 and I am logged into Windows XP. I tried scanning that drive using MalwareBytes and after 4 hours of deep scanning it found a Trojan Hacktool dot something. I deleted that, rebooted and the virus is still there. I can still access that drive completely from my Windows XP. Is there a way to actually access the appropriate registry files and delete them from my XP drive or simply delete the virus from this drive?

I have also tried making a bootoble Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 and that failed due to due to dracut error "can't mount root filesystem"

Any suggestions on removing this would be great as there are files I would like to access.

Edited by bloopie, 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved topic to MRL forum to continue assistance. ~bloopie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on....

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hello Humbleguy, and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! :thumbup2:

Just FYI, I have moved this topic to the Malware Removal Logs forum where it will stay. ::)

==========

A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
  • If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.

==========

Now, let's try to boot the Windows 7 installation into System Recovery mode with the following instructions...you will need the use of a USB or Flashdrive to complete the next steps:

• Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
    To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
    • Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account and click Next.
  • On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
    Startup Repair
    System Restore
    Windows Complete PC Restore
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

Once in the Command Prompt:
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
    Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your next reply.
[/list]
bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#4 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hello again,

Are you still with me? This is a 3-Day Bump!

If you do not respond in another 48 hours, I will be forced to close this topic!

bloopie

#5 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users