Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing any software it will always crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wudangninjga

wudangninjga

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I am unable to install any software when i try to run it, it always crashes. I have tried to install then run a software but it will just crash. I have downloaded and am trying to run spybot search and destroy for example it wont let me. I have done a hijackthis log...My trend micro is deleting some threat to my computer.

Moderator Edit, Moved to a more appropriate forum.
Roger

Please do not post any logs or replies. Please wait for a helper

Edited by rotor123, 23 December 2012 - 01:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wudangninjga

wudangninjga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

i forgot to mention i have a toshiba harman/kardon notebook with Intel® Core™i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73HGz 1.73 GHz installed memory (RAM)8.00 (7.87) usable) and i a running Windows 7 Home Premium....i don't know much about computers at all but it is so annoying not being able to install the software after i have downloaded it...software such as yahoo messenger old and new versions, uTorrent after running for about ten mins just crashes, and as i posted earlier spybot search and destroy wont run....trend micro keeps finding and deleting the same threats....but i can't locate them on my comp...??? please help

#3 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi, Welcome to BC.

Please post more info about what Trend Micro is finding. The file or infection may prove to be very helpful.

Lets try to do run a few programs.

Download

Rkill

Double-click on the RKill desktop icon to run the tool.
If using Vista or Win. 7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
A black DOS box will show and then disappear (wait for it to go away). This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
If the tool does not run, please let me know. Or if it seems to have taken to long.

Do not reboot the computer until you have run the applications listed below, otherwise you will have to run Rkill again.
Post the log that Rkill makes, on your desktop, in your next post.

Please Download Malwarebytes AKA MBAM

Update Malwarebytes via the update tab.
Run a full scan
When the scan finnishes please select Remove Selected and make sure all of the boxs are checked
Please post the results

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to
include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please Download Tdsskiller

Run TDSSKiller.exe
Click on Change Parameters
Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system
Start scan
When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with descriptions:
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects and asks you what to do with suspicious objects (Skip, by default)
Just stick with the default options and click Continue
If it wants to reboot please allow it to do so and let me know
Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open

By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk where the operating system is installed, C:\) root folder. The Log will have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

Please let me know how this goes. If you cant run the Rkill try MBAM. If both fail you don't nee to try the others just let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users