Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent Virtumonde Presence

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bullkelper

bullkelper

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

My system is running very smoothly after the scanning and cleaning process that Rawe walked me through during the last few days (thanks very much) but Ad-Aware is still finding Virtumonde objects and data miner cookies in my system.

In addition to Ad-Aware I've also installed Spyguard, Spy-Bot and IE Spyad. I have AVG running and applied many changes to my security measures via IE/Internet Options.

Why is Virtumonde still present?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hi bullkelper

I think that your anti-spyware is just doing it's regular job of removing this common Virtumonde problem. If you are not recieving any popups i don't think there is anything to worry about. Data miner cookies are relatively harmless and whenever you surf the net they will turn up. When you use Ad-Aware, is it able to clean these Virtumonde objects? Do you have any paths names of the file it is finding? You may like to try a scan in safe mode. You can do this by pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. You may have a better success rate there.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users