Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Remove Program Downloaded From Bearshare

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jax99

jax99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hi..I'm looking for some advice here..I cannot remove a program that was downloaded from bearshare. I've tried restarting in safe mode, going into deleting the program, but it keeps asking me to insert the disk I originally downloaded from--and I don't have it. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

Short Answer: Download, install, and use the trial version of Uninstall Plus! You can download it from HERE. This program can often succeed at uninstalling programs that otherwise are stubborn to remove.

Long Answer: Using peer to peer websites is one of the top ways computers get infected. You have to ask yourself "Why would someone give me something of value (such as music) for free?" The answer is that bundled with the free something is a malicious something that you don't want on your computer. My guess is that you are experiencing other buggy behavior from this computer as well. If so, chances are good that you are infected. If you believe you are infected, then consider posting a High Jack This! log in the HJT forum here at Bleeping Computer. To find out more, read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within before actually posting the log.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

You may have to disable the programs from running before you can uninstall them.

Use Startup Inspector to do this (safer than using msconfig) as it provides information about the programs in the start menu so you do not disable necessary programs.

Download both of these:
Startup Inspector
And
Startup Monitor (to inform you of programs attempting to be added to your startup menu and require your consent to do so)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users