Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help replacing HP Power Supply

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Myrtdog

Myrtdog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hello, I have an HP Computer with an MSI 7778 Motherboard. 24 pin slot, separate 4 pin pwr slot up by CPU.

I am trying to replace the power supply with a Logisys PS550E12 that has a 20 pin plug that has the 4 pin that can attach to the side.

I attached everything-I tried the plug with all 24 pins. It powers up, fans spin. But no beeps, no video.

I tried plugging in the 20 pin portion and plugging the 4 pin into the 4 pin socket nothing.

Where am I going wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

What kind of problems were you having which made you decide to replace the PSU?

Your motherboard has an integrated video card, is this what you are using or did you add a dedicated video card?

All of the PSU's connectors are keyed, this makes it almost impossible to connect them incorrectly.

I would first suggest going back and checking all of your connections, power and data both.

I attached everything-I tried the plug with all 24 pins. It powers up, fans spin. But no beeps, no video.

I tried plugging in the 20 pin portsocket ion and plugging the 4 pin into the 4 pin nothing.

Twice you mention "tried' to plug in the power connectors, were you having trouble plugging in the 24 pin PSU connector to the motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users