Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootable Command prompt Iso for Win 7?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kardis

Kardis

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I was wondering if anyone knew of a bootable image that contains a command prompt other than the windows 7 install or recovery disks. I just did some troubleshooting today, and I'm not exactly an expert, so I had to keep booting back into the disk after verifying that my fixes didn't work :). I'd like something more streamlined, and perhaps something more useful. It would have been great if the recovery environment had a basic browser like other live cd utilities do, so I could research as I go. Does anyone know of such a tool?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

You don't say what your boot problem is or what troubleshooting you did.İ find the System Recovery Options in W.7's System Repair Disc pretty useful.You may find something of interest to you in your laptop's manufacturers site.Or the site of your hdd brand.

#3 Kardis

Kardis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

I was eventually able to fix my problem, I was just wondering if there was a more efficient tool out there that I could use in the future. It just seems that even the basic recovery disk takes too much time to load tools I don't want at all. I'd be happy with something that lets me just jump directly to a command line.

#4 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

When you boot from the W.7 CD or the System Repair disc,as soon as a W.7 screen appears press Shift + F10,and a command prompt window will open.İ find that to be quickly enough for my needs!

#5 Kardis

Kardis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

That does shave off a little time. Thanks, I didn't know that trick.

#6 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users