Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mp3 player freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I turned my mp3 player on and, while it showed the music track, it refused to play. It wouldn't let me control the volume or let me go off to another menu option--it's basically unresponsive.

It took a pin stuck in the reset button hole to turn it off. When I turn it on, it gives me the "Rebuilding" screen and then comes up.

If I have it turned off and plug it into my computer it does turn on and show the docking screen, but the arrows don't move like they're supposed to. If I have the player turned on and connect it to my computer, the docking screen doesn't come up at all--it only shows the current music track. The screen darkens as it usually does after 5 seconds of inactivity and the battery does charge.

When I connect & disconnect the player from my computer, the computer does make the usual noises when a portable device is added, but isn't recognizing the player.

The mp3 player is an older one, a 4gb Creative Zen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Got it resolved by doing a "clean up" and "format all"--basically erasing all the files and restarting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users