Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it our Internet Service or Router going bad?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luvs2surf

luvs2surf

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

We currently have 2 laptops and 1 printer connected to the internet via a wireless 2wire dsl router through Windstream phone service.

A few nights ago our internet started getting really slow, then it didn't want to connect at all. Now, it is Extremely slow, doesn't want to load (especially pictures or icons), and freezes up. Now the strange thing is that the service provider told us its our router...however, last night in the early morning hours of around 3-5 a.m. It was working really good on my mom's laptop.

She has a Toshiba laptop with windows Vista and I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7, but it messes up on both of our computers, though hers moreso.
She uses Internet Explorer 9 and I use Mozilla Firefox, but it affects both web browsers.

We have tried re-setting the router, system restore, clearing the cache/cookie/web browser, resetting the IE settings, etc. Nothing is helping.

Could it be our Windstream service provider since it worked great early in the morning or could someone be using our wireless and slowing it down,etc?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Edited by luvs2surf, 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

What level connection do you have (I think its 3,6,12 Mbps)? Can you do a Speed Test and post the results.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users