Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sloboat

sloboat

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

should i keep or uninstall "oasis2service 1.0"? it's listed as "running" in services. not sure what it does. my machine is a lenovo laptop with i3 processor. thanks in advance. sloboat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Are you using McAfee?

Do a file search for it's path and see what that says.
c:\program files (x86)\DDNi\Oasis",
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Quick Google search says it's an optional OEM application that supplies tips and hints for the user. Strictly an 'optional' feature.

One example regarding it. http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Is-it-safe-to-remove-Oasis-2-Service-1-0-DDNi/td-p/506799

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

no, i'm not using mcAfee, my computer came with a free trial version of it when i bought it new. i never used it, i removed it & went with "mse". sloboat

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Did you Do a file search for it's path and post that back...

Uninstall Oasis if its listed in control Panel/

Edited by boopme, 22 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

yes, if i understand, it has something to do with some lenovo features, such as smile dock e.t.c. thanks. sloboat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users