Well, the worst malware file you were dealing with is now gone. In regard to the scans you are running, it is normal for every new scan to pick something up, namely tracking cookies and data miners. With normal internet settings, you will always pick cookies up when you surf the net. The fact that you said that
these files could not be quaruntined or deleted need our attention. I would like you to run the follow scans, but firstly i want to clear the clutter from your PC:
As a side note, your Hijackthis log is now clean. Also, some of the following scans will be done in safe mode, where these scanners always have a higher success rate in removing malware files.
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE
- Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
- Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
- Click the "Delete Cookies" button
- Next to it, Click the "Delete Files" button
- When prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox
(In case you also have Firefox installed):
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.
- Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).
- Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.
* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin
- Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
- Let it scan your system for files to remove.
- Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
- Press OK to remove them.
* Please download Ewido anti-malware
; it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesDon't run it yet.
* Reboot into SAFE MODE
By pressing the F8
key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
* Open Ewido anti-malware
Click on scanner
- Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
- When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
- Save the report to your desktop
* Please reboot back to normal mode and complete a Panda scan:
* Perform an onlinescan with panda: (please use this scanner instead of any other scanner!)Panda Online
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC
- A new window will open...click the Check Now
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address
and click send
- Select either Home User
- Click the big Scan Now
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks
to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report
button, then Save Report
and save it to a convenient location.
*Post the contents of the Panda scan report in your next reply along with a new HijackThis Log
, and the Ewido Log
by using Add Reply