Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer suddenly slowed down

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maik11

Maik11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

System specs:

Windows 8 Pro (64bit)
Intel 6600 CPU 2.4 GHz x2
2 GB Ram

The computer is connected to the internet, sitting behind a router on a small network. The computer is mainly used for accounting purposes and mainly runs QuickBooks Accountant edition 2013 as well as UltraTax 2013. The slowdown has been more recent than the Windows 8 upgrade so it would appear to be unrelated.

This is how the problem was described to me:

The computer reacts slowly, bordering on unresponsive when launching programs (such as QuickBooks). Additionally, browser plugins seem to fail frequently (the UltraTax software is cloud based, through that company's "software as a solution" program). Recent programs installed seem to be only Memeo backup premium.
I have noticed this problem. I was asked to look it at during a particular hangup. While at the computer I received an error that the Flashplayer plugin had crashed. I tried to launch task manager and waited a couple minutes until both QuickBooks and task manager appeared. After that it returned to normal (relatively).

I don't have a lot of info aside from this. The complaint "really slow" is rather vague. I thought I would start a thread here before taking logs and heading to the other forum. While I am wondering if 2GB is perhaps not quite enough to run Win 8 comfortably, I am more likely to suspect infection.

I will try to be prompt in reading/replying to any replies. Thanks for your time :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users