Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot failed!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Frusciante

John Frusciante

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi everyone, i just signed in , i am having a problem with my windows 7 ,it wont start up ,in addition,my keyboard broke and cant do anything (p.s. I bought a new but it wont work cause i cant install it), the following message appears on my pc:

Booting Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC-Pointer)
Booting Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC)
Booting Windows NT/2000/XP
Booting Enter Command Line
Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

Anyone kind enough to help out ? Thanks in advance !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hello and Welcome -
A few quick questions -
How long have you had this computer ?? Who installed Windows7 on it ??
Is this an OEM (purchased with Windows7 installed) from shop / dealer, or self installed from CD / DVDs ??
What / who "broke" the keyboard ??

Thank You -

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

First of all, keyboards do not have to be installed. If either of the keyboards is wireless, make sure there are good batteries in it. If they ARE wireless and it still doesn't work, try a wired keyboard. It's possible your bios is set to stop on keyboard error or failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users