Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Delete These Infected Files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Praveenkumar kuttuva

Praveenkumar kuttuva

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:42 AM

Hi guys,

I ran the "Panda Software Antivirus Activescan" which found the following "non disinfected" Adware incident files:
1. C:\WINDOWS\unstall.exe
2. C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrgsrv.exe
3. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ysbsys.exe

Although I can locate these files, I am not sure about deleting them permanently in case they affect the performance of other components of the WINDOWS system.

Some advice if I should delete these files in Safe mode etc., if at all would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Praveen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

Hi Praveen!

These files all look bad and if Panda has flagged them they should be safe to delete. The ysbsys.exe has no reference in searches which most certainly means it is bad, and here is info on the other two:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrgsrv.exe:
www.greatis.com/appdata/d/SysDir/d/dfrgsrv.exe.htm

C:\WINDOWS\unstall.exe
www.liutilities.com/products/ wintaskspro/processlibrary/unstall/

You should increase your success rates by scanning in safe mode. You can do this by pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. If it does not work on the first try, reboot and try again, as you have to be quick when you press it.

Good luck and if the problem is not resolved post back.
David

#3 Praveenkumar kuttuva

Praveenkumar kuttuva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hi David,

The information you gave me was exaclty what I wanted to hear before I deleted those files. I have now deleted those files and everything is working fine..no hiccups whatsoever.

Thanks again for the help.
Praveen.

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

Great! :thumbsup: Glad that you got it all sorted out.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users