Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fireinthehole15

fireinthehole15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

So I was having problems with the nvidia networking drivers. After days of trying , I just decided to go to my system 32 file and cut all drivers having nve... onto my desktop because they had to do with nvidia, and i restarted my computer. But now I moved a critical driver away from the driver folder, and now my computer won't load at all. Safe mode, last config, etc, etc will not load, and it goes to the screen that says this driver is missing or corrupt and it cycles if I press anything. I do not have any recovery disc for my computer. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

As long as you haven't deleted the drivers and have just moved them onto your Desktop, one suggestion would be to create a bootable Puppy Linux CD, boot the CD, and move the drivers back into the drivers folder.

Download precise-5.4.3.iso ( 166 Mb) from here or here.

• How to burn an "Iso" image to a disk:
  • Download ImgBurn from here.
  • Install the software then start ImgBurn.
  • Select "Write Image file to disk."
  • Under "Source" click on the "folder icon" Posted Image to the right and select the "precise-5.4.3.iso" file location.
  • Click on this icon Posted Image to start the burning process.

Boot the computer from the CDDVDROM drive first.
  • Once the Linux desktop loads, find your system drive icon (sda1?) above the Menu button. (only have to left mouse click once in Puppy)
    • If more than one hard drive exists, the system drive will contain the Windows Folder.
  • Click on Users folder, <your username> folder, Desktop folder. You should be able to see all drivers on your Desktop.
  • Leave that small window open and once again click on your system drive icon (sda1?). Drag the windows so one is above the other.
  • Navigate to where you moved the drivers from (probably "Windows\System32\Drivers" folder.
  • Drag each driver from the desktop into the appropriate folder. Click either "copy" or "move" (either will work).
  • While you are there, it would be an excellent time to backup any important files to USB flash or external drive in case things go "belly up." Just plug in a USB drive. A new drive icon will appear.
  • To Exit, click Menu -> Shutdown -> Reboot computer (Do Not Save).
  • See if the computer boots into normal Windows.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users