Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help Getting Rid Of Zolob

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaemal

Jaemal

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:03 AM

First, let me say I'm not that good/ knowledgebale with computers.
My computer (Dell), is infected with "Zolob".
I know that...... because my Windows AntitiSpyware Beta1 detects it, but wont delete it.
Can anyone help me get rid of this "Zolob" virus, keeping in mind I dont know much about computers?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

Hi Jaemal!

Can you tell me what sort of protection you have on your system? Do you just have Windows AntitiSpyware? Trojan Hunter's defenition ruleset lists zolob so you may want to give it a try.
http://www.misec.net/products/TrojanHunter.exe

Here are setup and configuration instructions:
http://www.hackfix.org/software/configure/hunt.html

If the Zolob problem is not resolved, please post back and we can decide what to do next.
David

#3 Jaemal

Jaemal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

Can you tell me what sort of protection you have on your system? Do you just have Windows AntitiSpyware?

First, let me thank you for replying.
I dont think the trojan hunter program you suggested worked.
Yes, Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1 is my only protection on my computer.
I get this message detailing the problem everytime I run a scan.

(Zolob)
Registry Key/ Value
hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version/policies /explorer/ run nvctrl.exe
hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version/policies /explorer/ run winiet.dll
&
(Downloader.AE)
File Name -h91746.exe
File Path - C:/documents and Settings/Jamal/ Local Settings/ Temp h91746.exe/

And this message appears everytime I open IE
(Your system is under control of remote computer with IP address 227.4.167.118.
Spyware details:
stealthsws114.h!dll"ver.4.442as18a

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:20 AM

Hi Jaemal!

You have something a bit more serious than Zolob and it needs attention; don't worry though, i'm sure it can be fixed. I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

p.s. h91746.exe, winiet.dll and nvctrl.exe are all bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users