Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard & mouse freeze on startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jwoody8

jwoody8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me.

I have a Sony Viao VGX XL201 PC running Windows XP

Turned my PC on one day and after the Windows XP loading screen comes up, I then get to the user selection screen. Here my mouse and keyboard both appear to have frozen.

There is power to both keyboard and mouse as the lights are on both. The keyboard Num lock light is on and I can turn caps lock on and off during XP loading but once at the user selection screen, no buttons respond. The mouse cursor comes up in the middle of the screen and doesn't move. The keyboard and mouse are both USB.

I can access the BIOS menu and the keyboard works fine in there. I have tried starting it in safe mode but again it still freezes at user selection menu. I have removed my hard drive and it appears to be fine as I have had it in a HD reader and all files are there and seem ok. I believe it is a driver issue, but I can not seem to get around it.

I have also tried starting it from XP CD but comes up with an error

I have searched numerous forums and there doesn't seem to be an answer anywhere that I can see.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users