Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC build,some questions and compatability check

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 limpylegs

limpylegs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

So I'm in the middle of my first PC build and I wanted to make sure the Motherboard,CPU,and RAM are all compatible with each other -

Here's a link to my wishlist: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=29331688

I also have another question regarding processor fans and heatsinks.I'm thinking that they're generally considered a good idea for any pc build but my primary question regarding them comes from newegg.com asking me whether or not my processor is the 'square type' or 'narrow type' and I can't figure out which one the processor is.

I would like to use this setup for general gaming with leaving the option for overclocking later on if I choose,so my next question would be if it's a must that I have both a heatsink and a fan for the processor?If so then what size fan and how will I know if they are both compatible?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Usually a heatsink and fan is together hence making it a CPU cooler. I don't recommend going passively cool with this CPU as it can get toasty. Technically it is compatible but for the ram you are going to have manually overclock it to 2133mhz. How much do you want to spend and what case do you have?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Intel does make a cooling solution or you can go to a non Intel solution. For example from this Page

Cons: Doesnt come with CPU grease or fan. I bought the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E

I bought the cooler master 212 evo and it keeps it fairly cool never reach over 70 C at 4.2 auto

thermaltake big water extreme

Love this processor it has been at 4.64 since the day i had it. its got the Intel Liquid Cooling solution and i haven't seen over 150 F

Put the Intel liquid cooler on it. Intel Liquid Cooler RTS2011LC

Have it paired with a Corsair H100 water cooling. Played GW2 for about 8 hours, and the proc never got over 38C.

And there are what a few of the Newegg feedback's from users are using for Heatsink / Fan Assemblies.

Don't forget the Arctic Silver thermal Compound.

Also if you are going to spend this kind of money why not finish the job with a Intel or Samsung SSD.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users